Together, we’re building the kind of company we want to work for. For us, that means an agile, open working culture, a flat structure and shared responsibility and reward for our success.
We’re located in a beautiful Georgian townhouse on one of Bath’s iconic crescents. But don’t let the historic facade fool you. Inside the building you’ll find one of the most innovative technology firms in the South West.
Catch up on the latest news and developments from Mayden HQ on our blog.
We use agile working methods. Find what that means to us in our latest blogs on the subject.
Student work placements
At Mayden, we value rising talent. Want to apply for a year long student work placement? Get in touch!
Join the team
We’re always looking to meet passionate, driven, skilled individuals to help shape the future of Mayden and of healthcare IT.
If that sounds like you, get in touch.
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 (dependent on experience)
About the company
Mayden Academy exists to train aspiring software developers in the fundamentals of coding, software design and agile project management. In 16 weeks, we teach our students all they need to know to land their first job as a junior software developer, helping them to kickstart their new careers in programming.
The academy was founded in 2015 by Mayden: a fast growing software company based in Bath. It was created to help resolve the technical skills gap impacting companies across the UK, and we’re expanding year on year to meet growing demand.
Our curriculum is written and taught by professional developers with a real grasp of exactly the skills a new developer needs – not just to land their first job as a junior dev, but to thrive in it. We believe that a combination of practical experience and programming knowledge will prepare our students for entry into the programming industry and we train our students through a mix of classroom style learning and project work.
For the duration of the 16 weeks our students work as an agile team, based in our offices in beautiful Widcombe Crescent in central Bath.
We pride ourselves on having created a fun and collaborative place to work with a strong sense of social purpose. You will be working alongside award winning trainers and mentors in a relaxed team, with the freedom to craft the role as you see fit and contribute to an exciting, growing company.
We can guarantee that every day will be different. You might be planning marketing campaigns or attending networking events, creating marketing materials, writing blog posts, responding to queries from students or businesses interested in our courses, or meeting with potential partner companies.
This role comes with a lot of freedom to work as you see fit, including flexible working hours and working from home, our offices or elsewhere.
We are a small, friendly and motivated team who value excellent communication, a big dose of open mindedness and enthusiasm for what’s possible, and most importantly a great sense of humour.
Our company values – transparency, collaboration, contribution and forward thinking – are the cornerstones of Mayden Academy, and are as important to us as your experience and knowledge. This is a new role, and there’s plenty of opportunity to carve your own path.
Marketing Mayden Academy
You will plan and deliver compelling and creative marketing campaigns alongside our creative team to attract and engage students and new partners.This will include generating ideas for new blog and video content, as well as ensuring that our website, social media and other marketing channels are kept up to date.
You will work with the academy lead to constantly review our business strategy, revenue and growth projections, helping to ensure the company is on track and that we’re meeting our targets.
New business development
You will identify and engage prospective new hiring partners and clients for our B2B training offerings. You’ll conduct research for funding opportunities, as well as potential new business opportunities both in terms of new courses and markets.
You will identify new student pipelines, nurture relationships with existing pipelines, answer questions from prospective students in person and via our website, and attend careers and networking events on behalf of the academy, as you see fit.
You will plan and oversee our quarterly hiring partner events, taster sessions and assessment days.
You’ll help with admin across the board, including with the student onboarding process, as well as quoting and organising bespoke training packages.
Most importantly, we’re looking for a bright, enthusiastic and ambitious self starter with demonstrable experience in marketing and social media, and a passion for people and business. The ability to build partnerships and maintain relationships at work is essential, alongside proven networking skills.
We’re very excited about the future of the academy, so this role is ideal for somebody keen to get stuck in and be a part of our success.
Must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000 (plus benefits)
We are looking for a fun and highly motivated individual to help us grow, organise, and nurture added value features for the existing clients of our market leading product, iaptus.
If you want to work in a highly collaborative and agile environment, have a real passion for customer service and the vision and drive to ensure the successful operation of the added value features of one of our main products – then this is the role for you.
Our company values – transparency, collaboration, contribution and forward thinking – are the cornerstones of Mayden, and are as important to the organisation as your experience and knowledge. We list some key aspects of the role below, but if you live our values and are someone who wants to change a little bit of the world for the better with us, then get in touch.
This is a new role at Mayden, and there’s plenty of opportunity to carve your own path. But here’s what we think you’ll be doing:
- You’ll be a key representative for the business, providing client-facing liaison across our iaptus features
- You’ll work collaboratively with our account managers, product and feature owners, developers, marketing leads and directors
- You’ll ensure smooth and effective implementation of features for our clients, raising key strategic developments and client requests for consideration
- You’ll find creative approaches to ensure we meet key business objectives
- You’ll grow your expertise in iaptus features through speaking with internal and external stakeholders and perform basic technical programming functions (- we love client-side technologies like JSON & HTML and hope these terms don’t scare you!)
- You’ll manage, prioritise and organise your own backlog of work to deliver projects in the most efficient and effective way possible
- This is a role that works closely with our key customers so your customer service ability is important to us. You might have worked in a classic customer facing environment, or be able to evidence your abilities another way
- You’ll be able to show how you have delivered work in a highly effective and efficient way, with particular attention to detail
- You’ll have experience in problem solving, either as part of a degree course or in your current workplace
- You’ll be used to working to specific commercial objectives, being realistic about what you can achieve and communicating this clearly
- You’re personable, motivated and organised, prepared to embrace the Mayden balance of order and chaos
- You are a strong communicator with a close eye for detail but you enjoy working with a team in a fun and creative way
- You’re an agile enthusiast, eager to learn and grow in your role
- You are an autonomous problem-solver with a strong work ethic
- You have a passion for helping people and an interest in healthcare technology
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Full benefits package and training provided.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES