Salary: £23,400 per annum
Location: Oldfield Park, Bath
Mayden is a growing software company, awarded Development Team of the Year at the 2018 UK IT industry awards and finalists again in 2021.
At Mayden we produce healthcare apps, mainly for supporting the recovery of people with mental health issues. We love that the work we do makes a difference, changing what’s possible for clinicians and patients.
We offer a phenomenal working environment and exciting opportunities to learn new skills.
How we work
As a development team we work closely together, pair programming, white-boarding and architecting as a team and peer reviewing every line of code. We have fun while we work and are passionate about technology. We work in an agile way, using the Scrum framework to regularly deliver value to our customers.
Our development teams are full stack and you will be working with front end and back end technologies; you don’t need to have experience with a particular tech stack.
Mayden has a flat management structure and a coaching culture, with team members working together and supporting one another to make things happen.
The development team works with the product owner team to prepare work for sprints, we work with our account managers to give our customers the best possible experience, and we work with our ops team to make sure our apps are stable and running well.
We are looking for an ambitious placement year student from any relevant course (Web development, Computer Sciences, Engineering, Mathematics) with initiative and creativity who will thrive in a collaborative environment. Joining a small, focused scrum team, you will be responsible for a variety of tasks. The placement will be for 12 – 13 months starting in Summer 2024.
What we are looking for:
- A passion for the work we do.
- Good organisational and communication skills.
- A learning mindset.
- Comfortable with the prospect of pair programming and code reviews.
- A positive and proactive approach to problem solving both with their team and the wider company.
- Someone who enjoys collaborating with colleagues to deliver great work and meet important deadlines.
We embed all our placement students into existing development teams so that you work on our products from day one. This means that what you work on will be making a difference to people from the moment you start. We know that this may be your first software development role, but your experience is less important than your willingness to learn – and you will likely learn a lot! We invest a lot in our placement students and are proud that many rejoin us after graduation.
We offer a great set of company benefits, including free fruit, bread and drinks in the office, a coaching programme, and a supportive team to work with in a fast growing company. Join us and help make a really positive difference to thousands of peoples’ lives.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK. This role will be full time, 37.5 hours per week, and will be based in our offices in Oldfield Park. The role will commence Summer 2024.
Method of Application
Send us your cv and covering letter. Your covering letter should tell us:
– a little bit about yourself. What isn’t in your CV that you’d like to mention?
– what experiences (work, volunteering etc.) should we be particularly aware of? Why?
– what are the 2-3 things that interest or excite you about Mayden as an organisation and our products, and this field/industry?
– why should we consider you over other applicants? What will you bring to the teams here?
– what do you want to get out of a placement year with us?
If you would like to read a little about one of our Developers, meet Hester!
Interviews will be held on the 21st or 22nd of November or December 4th.
If successfully shortlisted, you will be emailed an invitation to meet us at our Oldfield Park, Bath office.