Salary: £30,000 - £37,500 (based on experience) plus benefits
Location: Widcombe Crescent, Bath
About the role
Bath-based coding bootcamp iO Academy is looking for an amazing Content Marketing Manager who’ll help spread the word about what we do, with a strong focus on creating great content. We’re looking for someone with strong writing skills and an ability to work strategically on building brand awareness.
Your role will mainly be to use content to market the Academy – whether that be through website content and SEO, PPC, blog posts, press releases, social media, printed materials, video, award entries or adverts.
With this position there’s plenty of opportunity to carve your own path and come up with new ideas. We’re a growing company, and looking for someone that will grow with us. We also have a flat structure – our team members work together to share the responsibilities that managers traditionally have.
We are a small, friendly and motivated team who value excellent communication, a big dose of open mindedness and enthusiasm for what’s possible, and most importantly a great sense of humour.
As our Content Marketing Manager, you will:
* Develop, manage and report on a content plan, with supporting editorial schedule, aligned with our strategic goals
* Look after all of our social media. This will include external social media as well as our own Slack channels
* Take responsibility for developing our SEO
* Set up and run PPC campaigns
* Manage the website and all web content
* Create, publish and distribute content for web and print, from micro copy to long form
* Ensure all content is accurate, useful, tailored to each channel, and in house style
* Write and push out press releases and articles
* Develop and run promotional campaigns
* Work with agencies and freelancers
* Develop and support brand ambassadors
* Use stats and performance analytics to assess results and feed in to planning
* Maintain brand voice and visual consistency in all communications, including oversight on those produced by other team members
* Ensure messaging is purposeful and supports every step on the customer journey
* Manage the marketing budget and strategy
* Collaborate with others for user-generated content and edit, proofread and improve content from contributors
* Optimise content to drive engagement and build community
* Understand audience preferences and liaise with the parent company accessibility working group to ensure our content is easy to navigate and available to all
* Stay up-to-date with developments in content marketing, including monitoring competitors and generating new ideas to catch attention.
About you as our Content Marketing Manager
You’ll be looking for a role that you can make your own, with plenty of opportunity to be really involved as a member of a growing business. You love finding and telling stories, defining the heart of a message, and getting across the personality and values of a brand.
You’ll also be a confident self-starter, able to juggle multiple priorities and see the big picture. You’ll be flexible, adaptable and comfortable with change, and keen to learn quickly, step outside your comfort zone and seek feedback.
It’s also important that you hold the same values we do and want to be part of our culture and way of working. As a company, our core DNA values are that we are experts without ego; openly inclusive; positively ambitious; with a dash of humour.
We’ve listed some key aspects of the role but welcome hearing what you might bring that would be a little different. If you think like us, and are someone who wants to change a bit of the world for the better, then get in touch.
Essential skills and experience:
* Experienced in marketing content strategy and management
* Experienced in planning, writing and editing content for various purposes
* Experienced in applying analytics across channels and understanding SEO research and audience behaviour
* Competent in the use of software for production and management of content for different channels, including:
WordPress or another CMS for blogging and web content
Google and social media analytics
SEO rules and familiarity with using keyword research software
* Experienced in compliance with legal requirements e.g. copyright, and data protection laws across content and channels
* Good understanding of social media management and engagement
* Basic understanding of HTML and web publishing; Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, Illustrator)
* Experience working in tech would be a bonus
About iO Academy
We’re a fast growing company who train people of all ages and backgrounds to code, teaching our students everything they need to know to land their first job as a junior software developer.
We were founded in 2015 to fill the need for more developers in the UK tech industry. Since then we’ve built a reputation for our high quality (we are recognised as 6th best coding bootcamp in the world) and our commitment to diversity & inclusion.
Our offices are based on beautiful Widcombe Crescent in Bath. It’s a 10 minute walk from the train and bus station, with incredible views and a lovely garden.
We pride ourselves on having created a fun and collaborative place to work with a strong sense of social purpose. You will be working in a relaxed team of people who love what they do, with the scope to craft the role as you see fit.
Personal training budget for self development
Access to a company coach
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase another 5 days after 2 years of employment
Private health insurance
Location and hours
This is a permanent full-time role based in Bath. We are currently following government recommendations and temporarily working at home but we are looking forward to returning to our lovely offices as soon as the situation allows us to do so safely and within government guidelines.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
Please upload your CV and covering letter. We’re interested in hearing what you like about the role, and what you think you could bring to iO Academy.
Closing date: 30 November 2021
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES