Together, we’re building the kind of company we want to work for. For us, that means an agile, open working culture, a flat structure and shared responsibility and reward for our success.
We’re located in the beautiful, historic city of Bath. But don’t let the Georgian facades fool you; step inside our offices and you’ll find one of the most innovative technology firms in the South West.
Join the team
We’re always looking to meet passionate, driven, skilled individuals to help shape the future of Mayden and of healthcare IT.
If that sounds like you, get in touch.
Salary: Competitive DOE plus benefits
About the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic programmer with great interpersonal skills and a knack for explaining complex technical topics. As a Mayden Academy trainer, your role will be focused on delivering our 16 week coding course, Full Stack Track, to aspiring software developers, acting as a coach, a mentor and a trainer for the students while they learn from you to start their new careers. You will also work with existing trainers to develop the curriculum, assess student applications, run events such as programming workshops for schools and help with the company operations.
In addition to the 16 week course, you will deliver both bespoke and pre-designed workshops for companies across the UK, along with working with the other trainers to develop new workshops and ensure that existing ones are up to date.
You will have experience with all the usual development tools and languages: Vagrant, Git, Bash, RDBMS as well as experience of methodologies such as agile, pair programming and code review.
Most importantly you will be a friendly, motivated team player who wants to help people. Mayden Academy is all about changing lives. We are a fun, collaborative team with a passion for learning and passing on our knowledge!
- Full Stack Track and workshop delivery
- Support the academy lead with curriculum development
- Work with marketing department on brand development
- Technical content creation
- Taster session delivery
- Student assessment and selection
- Support business development with student pipelines
About the company
Mayden Academy trains aspiring software developers in the fundamentals of coding, software design and agile project management. In 16 weeks, we teach our students all they need to know to land their first job as a junior software developer, helping them to kickstart their new careers in programming.
The academy was founded in 2015 by Mayden: a fast growing software company based in Bath. It was created to be a part of the solution to the technical skills gap that is currently impacting industries across the UK. We believe that a combination of practical experience and programming knowledge will prepare our students for entry into the programming industry and we train our students through a mix of classroom style learning and project work.
For the duration of the 16 weeks our students work as an agile team, based in our offices in the beautiful Widcombe Crescent in central Bath.
We pride ourselves on having created a fun and collaborative place to work with a strong sense of social purpose. You will be working alongside award winning trainers and mentors in a relaxed team, with the freedom to craft the role as you see fit and contribute to an exciting, growing company.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Salary: Depending on experience
Mayden is a growing software company, awarded Development Team of the Year at the 2018 UK IT Industry awards. We’re looking for experienced developers to join the team.
At Mayden we produce healthcare apps, mainly for supporting the recovery of people with mental health issues. We love that the work we do makes a difference, changing what’s possible for clinicians and patients.
We offer a phenomenal working environment, exciting opportunities to learn new skills and an excellent package of benefits including private health insurance and pension.
How we work
As a development team we work closely together, pair programming, white-boarding and architecting as a team and peer reviewing every line of code. We have fun while we work and are passionate about technology. We work in an agile way, using the Scrum framework to regularly deliver value to our customers.
We have a flat structure at Mayden. Our team members work together to share the responsibilities that managers would traditionally have. Nobody tells you how to do your job, we’re all here to support each other, not get in each other’s way.
The development team works with the product owner team to prepare work for sprints, we work with our account managers to give our customers the best possible experience, and we work with our ops team to make sure our apps are stable and running well.
Skills and experience
We use Git for source control and ideally you will have some experience with Git.
Successful candidates will
- be passionate about the work we do as well as the technology we use
- enjoy working closely with both technical and non technical colleagues
- be comfortable with pair programming and with code being peer reviewed
- take a positive and proactive approach to problem solving both with their team and the wider company
- be keen to learn as well as to contribute to the development of others
- be comfortable working through problems with a team
- personal training and conference budget
- monthly developer lunches (we’ll bring the pizza)
- quarterly hack days
- private health insurance
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Salary: £26,000 - £32,000 (dependent on experience)
About the role
We’re looking for a motivated individual to join the team and help us to improve and expand our analytics offering for clients of our market leading software, iaptus.
Mayden is an exciting, growing software company based in the beautiful city of Bath. Our life’s work is creating insightful, cloud based systems for healthcare services in the UK and abroad, and our software products have been used in almost every NHS trust in the country.
We have a flat structure, which means that teams and individuals make their own decisions, manage their own workloads and set their own goals. Our values – transparency, collaboration, contribution and forward thinking – are the cornerstones of our work.
Find out more here.
There’s plenty of opportunity here to carve your own path within this role, but key aspects of the position are described below.
- be a part of shaping the direction of analytics at Mayden
- design, build and deploy new ETL solutions in line with stakeholder specifications
- maintain the existing ETL suite, ensuring data is handled efficiently and new features are released seamlessly
- migrate new client data into our patient management system
- collaborate with staff and customers who require assistance with data requests
- hands-on experience in developing ETL solutions (e.g. Talend, Alteryx)
- demonstrable knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- knowledge of Git or other source control software
Additionally, the following would be advantageous:
- experience with coding (e.g. Python, R, Java)
- experience with shell scripting languages (e.g. Bash)
- exposure to agile methodologies, preferably scrum
- you’re adaptable and willing to facilitate continuous improvement
- you’re a true team player with excellent communication skills
- you have an analytical mind with the ability to learn fast
- you enjoy solving mathematical or logical problems
- you have excellent prioritisation and self-organisation skills
Full and part time workers will be considered. You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES