Together, we’re building the kind of company we want to work for. For us, that means an agile, open working culture, a flat structure and shared responsibility and reward for our success.
We’re located in the beautiful, historic city of Bath. But don’t let the Georgian facades fool you; step inside our offices and you’ll find one of the most innovative technology firms in the South West.
Join the team
We’re always looking to meet passionate, driven, skilled individuals to help shape the future of Mayden and of healthcare IT.
If that sounds like you, get in touch.
Salary: Competitive DOE plus benefits
Location: Bath, BA2
About the job
We are looking for an enthusiastic programmer with great interpersonal skills and a knack for explaining complex technical topics. As a Mayden Academy trainer, your role will be focused on delivering our 16 week coding course, Full Stack Track, to aspiring software developers, acting as a coach, a mentor and a trainer for the students while they learn from you to start their new careers. You will also work with existing trainers to develop the curriculum, assess student applications, run events such as programming workshops for schools and help with the company operations.
In addition to the 16 week course, you will deliver both bespoke and pre-designed workshops for companies across the UK, along with working with the other trainers to develop new workshops and ensure that existing ones are up to date.
You will have experience with all the usual development tools and languages: Vagrant, Git, Bash, RDBMS as well as experience of methodologies such as agile, pair programming and code review.
Most importantly you will be a friendly, motivated team player who wants to help people. Mayden Academy is all about changing lives. We are a fun, collaborative team with a passion for learning and passing on our knowledge!
- Full Stack Track and workshop delivery
- Support the academy lead with curriculum development
- Work with marketing department on brand development
- Technical content creation
- Taster session delivery
- Student assessment and selection
- Support business development with student pipelines
About the company
Mayden Academy trains aspiring software developers in the fundamentals of coding, software design and agile project management. In 16 weeks, we teach our students all they need to know to land their first job as a junior software developer, helping them to kickstart their new careers in programming.
The academy was founded in 2015 by Mayden: a fast growing software company based in Bath. It was created to be a part of the solution to the technical skills gap that is currently impacting industries across the UK. We believe that a combination of practical experience and programming knowledge will prepare our students for entry into the programming industry and we train our students through a mix of classroom style learning and project work.
For the duration of the 16 weeks our students work as an agile team, based in our offices in the beautiful Widcombe Crescent in central Bath.
We pride ourselves on having created a fun and collaborative place to work with a strong sense of social purpose. You will be working alongside award winning trainers and mentors in a relaxed team, with the freedom to craft the role as you see fit and contribute to an exciting, growing company.
You must be eligible to work in the UK
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Salary: £24,000 - £26,000 (plus benefits)
We are a growing software company, awarded Development Team of the Year at the 2018 UK IT Industry awards. We’re looking for a motivated individual to join the team and help us to grow and nurture added value features for clients of our market leading software, iaptus.
Our life’s work is creating technology that changes what’s possible for clinicians and patients, with a focus on NHS mental health services.
We offer a phenomenal working environment, exciting opportunities to learn new skills and an excellent package of benefits including private health insurance and pension.
Alignment with our values – transparency, collaboration, contribution and forward thinking – is important to us (you can read more here). This is a new role in the company and there’s plenty of opportunity to carve your own path. We’ve listed some key aspects of the role but if you live our values and are someone who wants to change a bit of the world for the better, then get in touch.
- Be the lead for all the new implementations of added value features for our cloud based software, iaptus
- Act as the main point of contact in order to proactively drive new sales of features
- Ensure smooth and effective setup, configuration and implementation of features for our clients
- Raise any development requests or feature changes for consideration
- Solve problems for our clients on a day-to-day basis
- Work collaboratively with teams across the company to deliver value to our customers and our business
- Manage and prioritise your backlog of work to deliver implementations to customers as efficiently as possible.
If you want to work in a collaborative and agile environment, are driven and passionate about customer service, with the drive to ensure the success of the added value features of one of our main products – then this is the role for you.
- This is a role that works closely with our key customers so your customer service ability is important. You might have worked in a classic customer facing environment, or be able to evidence your abilities another way
- You’ll be able to show how you have delivered work in a highly effective and efficient way, with particular attention to detail
- You’ll have experience in problem solving, either as part of a degree course or in your current workplace
- You’ll be used to working to specific commercial objectives, being realistic about what you can achieve and communicating this
- You are technically literate and logically minded
- You’re personable, motivated and organised
- You are a strong communicator with a close eye for detail but you love working with a team in a fun and creative way
- You’re an agile enthusiast, eager to learn and grow in your role
- You are an autonomous, proactive problem-solver with a strong work ethic
- You have a passion for helping people and an interest in healthcare technology
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES