Salary: £35,000 to £45,000
Location: Bath, Oldfield Park
Mayden is a growing software company, awarded Development Team of the Year at the 2018 UK IT Industry awards. We’re looking for experienced developers to join the team.
At Mayden we produce healthcare apps, mainly for supporting the recovery of people with mental health issues. We love that the work we do makes a difference, changing what’s possible for clinicians and patients.
We offer a phenomenal working environment, exciting opportunities to learn new skills and an excellent package of benefits including private health insurance and pension.
How we work
As a development team we work closely together, pair programming, white-boarding and architecting as a team and peer reviewing every line of code. We have fun while we work and are passionate about technology. We work in an agile way, using the Scrum framework to regularly deliver value to our customers.
We have a flat structure at Mayden. Our team members work together to share the responsibilities that managers would traditionally have. Nobody tells you how to do your job, we’re all here to support each other, not get in each other’s way.
The development team works with the product owner team to prepare work for sprints, we work with our account managers to give our customers the best possible experience, and we work with our ops team to make sure our apps are stable and running well.
Skills and experience
We use Git for source control and ideally you will have some experience with Git.
Successful candidates will:
• be passionate about the work we do as well as the technology we use
• enjoy working closely with both technical and non technical colleagues
• be comfortable with pair programming and with code being peer reviewed
• take a positive and proactive approach to problem solving both with their team and the wider company
• be keen to learn as well as to contribute to the development of others
• be comfortable working through problems with a team
We offer a great working environment with an excellent package of benefits including:
• monthly developer lunches (we’ll bring the pizza)
• quarterly hack days
• personal training budget for professional development
• free onsite gym
• company pension
• 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase another 5 days after 2 years of employment
• private health insurance
• life assurance
• free onsite parking
This role is based in our offices in Oldfield Park, Bath. We are excited to be back in our offices and exploring how and where we do our best work – being led by that work and maintaining relationships and communication. We are currently trialling this approach to our work at home policy.
To apply for the Software Developer role
Please upload your CV and covering letter. Tell us what you’re passionate about and what you would bring to the Software Developer team, and to Mayden.
If this role isn’t for you, but you like the sound of working at Mayden, please keep checking our website for more great opportunities coming soon.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES