Together, we’re building the kind of company we want to work for. For us, that means an agile, open working culture, a flat structure and shared responsibility and reward for our success.
We’re located in the beautiful, historic city of Bath. But don’t let the Georgian facades fool you; step inside our offices and you’ll find one of the most innovative technology firms in the South West.
Join the team
We’re always looking to meet passionate, driven, skilled individuals to help shape the future of Mayden and of healthcare IT.
If that sounds like you, get in touch.
Salary: Depending on experience
Mayden is a growing software company, awarded Development Team of the Year at the 2018 UK IT Industry awards. We’re looking for experienced developers to join the team.
At Mayden we produce healthcare apps, mainly for supporting the recovery of people with mental health issues. We love that the work we do makes a difference, changing what’s possible for clinicians and patients.
We offer a phenomenal working environment, exciting opportunities to learn new skills and an excellent package of benefits including private health insurance and pension.
How we work
As a development team we work closely together, pair programming, white-boarding and architecting as a team and peer reviewing every line of code. We have fun while we work and are passionate about technology. We work in an agile way, using the Scrum framework to regularly deliver value to our customers.
We have a flat structure at Mayden. Our team members work together to share the responsibilities that managers would traditionally have. Nobody tells you how to do your job, we’re all here to support each other, not get in each other’s way.
The development team works with the product owner team to prepare work for sprints, we work with our account managers to give our customers the best possible experience, and we work with our ops team to make sure our apps are stable and running well.
Skills and experience
We use Git for source control and ideally you will have some experience with Git.
Successful candidates will:
- be passionate about the work we do as well as the technology we use
- enjoy working closely with both technical and non technical colleagues
- be comfortable with pair programming and with code being peer reviewed
- take a positive and proactive approach to problem solving both with their team and the wider company
- be keen to learn as well as to contribute to the development of others
- be comfortable working through problems with a team
- personal training and conference budget
- monthly developer lunches (we’ll bring the pizza)
- quarterly hack days
- private health insurance
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Salary: £26,000 - £32,000 (dependent on experience)
We’re looking for a motivated individual to join the team and help us to improve and expand our analytics offering for clients of our market leading software, iaptus.
Mayden is an exciting, growing software company based in the beautiful city of Bath. Our life’s work is creating insightful, cloud based systems for healthcare services in the UK and abroad, and our software products have been used in almost every NHS trust in the country.
We have a flat structure, which means that teams and individuals make their own decisions, manage their own workloads and set their own goals. Our values – transparency, collaboration, contribution and forward thinking – are the cornerstones of our work.
Find out more here.
There’s plenty of opportunity here to carve your own path within this role, but key aspects of the position are described below.
- be a part of shaping the direction of analytics at Mayden
- design, build and deploy new ETL solutions in line with stakeholder specifications
- maintain the existing ETL suite, ensuring data is handled efficiently and new features are released seamlessly
- migrate new client data into our patient management system
- collaborate with staff and customers who require assistance with data requests
- hands-on experience in developing ETL solutions (e.g. Talend, Alteryx)
- demonstrable knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- knowledge of Git or other source control software
Additionally, the following would be advantageous:
- experience with coding (e.g. Python, R, Java)
- experience with shell scripting languages (e.g. Bash)
- exposure to agile methodologies, preferably scrum
- you’re adaptable and willing to facilitate continuous improvement
- you’re a true team player with excellent communication skills
- you have an analytical mind with the ability to learn fast
- you enjoy solving mathematical or logical problems
- you have excellent prioritisation and self-organisation skills
Full and part time workers will be considered. You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
We are a growing software company looking for an exceptional individual to join our Product Owner/Feature Owner team to be responsible for our product’s development, to manage our stakeholders and coordinate projects for our market leading software, iaptus.
Our life’s work is creating technology that changes what’s possible for clinicians and patients, with a focus on NHS mental health services. We offer a phenomenal working environment, exciting opportunities to learn new skills, and an excellent package of benefits including private health insurance and pension.
Alignment with our values – transparency, collaboration, contribution and forward thinking – is important to us (you can read more here). We’ve listed some key aspects of the role but we welcome hearing about what you might bring to the role that would be a little different. If you live our values and are someone who wants to change a bit of the world for the better, then get in touch.
What is an iaptus Feature Owner?
Mayden is a flat structure organisation with self-managing teams and agile working at its heart.
The iaptus development teams utilise the agile ‘Scrum’ framework to support product development, with the Product Owner/Feature Owner Team (POFOs) being ultimately responsible for product delivery and success.
As part of the POFO team, a Feature Owner develops and maintains a vision for features of the product that align to the business strategy and is responsible for communicating that vision to the wider company.
The Product Owner is responsible for the product overall but Feature Owners are responsible for specific components of the product, and they curate the features from initiation to implementation. A Feature Owner works with the company’s clients, account management team, marketing team, systems team, data services team, Directors, UI/UX designers and development teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each release. A Feature Owner is responsible for the prioritisation, design, usability, quality and delivery of projects in collaboration with the wider POFO team, company and stakeholders.
Members of the team understand and balance the needs of the business, the technical requirements of the product and the demands of stakeholders, but always holds ultimate responsibility for representing the end user’s needs.
- plan and prioritise the product feature backlog for iaptus as an integral part of the POFO team
- research, analyse and understand our target markets, the users, the people they help and how our product can support them, so as to join the POFOs in maintaining a roadmap for iaptus that makes a real difference to people’s lives
- assess the value of projects, develop business cases, create and curate project plans and align feature development to our business strategy
- provide vision and direction to the development team and stakeholders throughout the development process in order to ensure the best possible outcomes are achieved
- produce and manage well-defined user stories and acceptance criteria from undefined and unstructured information, often acting as an effective translator for stakeholders
- actively engage in our agile activities including sprint planning, stand-ups, scoping and estimating sessions, workshops, and stakeholder development demonstrations
- maintain excellent communication between customers, the business and development team throughout projects so that any blockers, ambiguity, or delivery problems are dealt with effectively; ensuring any risks and issues are managed appropriately
- build and maintain relationships with people easily and be able to grasp technical concepts and new product functionality quickly
- be the voice of the customer
- you will be able to demonstrate academic ability to degree level or otherwise have a number of years of significant and applicable software product management experience
- you’ll be able to show how you have delivered projects in a highly effective and efficient way, with particular attention to detail
- written and verbal communication and presentation skills, both in a customer service context and as a project lead, must be of the highest order and you should have existing experience that demonstrates your capabilities
- you will have strong analytical, problem solving, planning, and organisational skills
- you may have existing experience relating to commercial or business objectives and be familiar with strategic planning
- you have a natural excitement for building products and working collaboratively with teams
- you are enthusiastic and passionate allowing you to be a positive voice for the potential of our product and through your work and interactions encourage others to be the same
- you thrive working independently on multiple tasks whilst communicating effectively with the team
- you are resilient and can appreciate the ‘wider picture’, allowing you to balance the needs of competing priorities effectively
- you are technically literate and logically minded, with a close eye for detail
- you’re personable, motivated and organised and able to be flexible and adapt to change
- you are a strong communicator but you love working with a team in a fun and creative way
- you’re an agile enthusiast, eager to learn and grow in your role
- you are an autonomous, proactive problem-solver with a strong work ethic
- you have a passion for helping people and an interest in healthcare technology
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK. The role involves occasional travel.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES