Salary: £35,000+ DOE
Location: Oldfield Park, Bath
About the Role
We are looking for a self motivated and keen new member to join our expanding Product Owner / Feature Owner team. We are a friendly, cohesive team who enjoy spending time developing our relationships with other teams within the company.
We are responsible for Mayden’s flagship product, iaptus, with a focus on maintaining a product vision which represents our end users’ needs and clearly aligns to our business strategy. We use the ‘Scrum’ framework to drive product delivery, quality and success, working to develop and deliver products and features alongside our growing team of software developers.
As a Product Owner / Feature Owner delivering this role you will:
* have empathy for customer needs whilst always keeping the product strategy and business needs in mind
* be the voice of the customer, build rapport, work with stakeholders to scope projects and negotiate requirements based on technical options and timescales
* plan and prioritise the feature backlog, assess the value of projects, develop business cases and project plans, and align feature developments to our business strategy
* research, analyse and understand our target markets, the users, the people they help and how our product can support them
* provide vision and direction to the development roadmap and maintain excellent communication between stakeholders in order to ensure the best possible outcomes are achieved
* produce and manage well-defined user stories from undefined and unstructured information
* identify, evaluate and manage risk throughout projects
As a Product Owner / Feature Owner you:
* are an effective and collaborative leader, able to generate buy-in from other teams across the company
* are able to demonstrate academic ability to degree level with subsequent work experience, or have significant applicable experience
* are able to show how you have delivered projects in a highly effective and efficient way
* have previous experience which demonstrates your excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
* have strong analytical, problem solving, planning, and organisational skills
* easily build and maintain relationships where your enthusiasm and passion allows you to be a positive voice for the potential of our product
* are a dedicated team member who thrives working in a self managing team
* are resilient and can appreciate the ‘wider picture’, allowing you to balance the needs of competing priorities effectively
* are technically literate and logically minded, with a close eye for detail, able to quickly grasp technical concepts
* are personable, motivated, organised, able to be flexible and adapt to change
* are an autonomous, proactive problem-solver with a strong work ethic
* have experience relating to commercial or business objectives and strategic planning
* have an awareness or previous experience of Agile methodology
Our life’s work is creating technology that changes what’s possible for clinicians and patients, with a focus on NHS mental health services.
Mayden has a flat management structure and a coaching culture, with team members working together and supporting one another to make things happen.
We offer a great working environment with an excellent package of benefits including:
* personal training budget for self development
* free onsite gym
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with the option to purchase another 5 days after 2 years of employment
* private health insurance
Alignment with our values – transparency, collaboration, contribution and forward thinking – is important to us. If you’re someone who wants to change your corner of the world for the better, then we can’t wait to hear from you.
At Mayden we offer a host of opportunities to develop your skills, knowledge and experience, and to grow within the wider company too. If you think this role is right for you, get in touch.
Location and hours for the Product Owner / Feature Owner role
Although we are currently working remotely due to Covid-19, please note that this role will be based in our offices in Oldfield Park, Bath when we are able to return to our HQ. The role involves occasional travel. You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The position is for a full time staff member, 37.5 hours per week, Mon to Fri, 9 am to 5 pm.
Please upload your CV and covering letter. Tell us what you’re passionate about and what you would bring to the Product Owner / Feature Owner team, and to Mayden. We are anticipating a lot of interest in this exciting role and we will be reviewing applications as soon as they come in, so please apply as soon as possible.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
If this role isn’t for you, but you like the sound of working at Mayden, please keep checking our website for more great opportunities coming soon.